Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holy...

So my mom is funny... but the other day she made a point that I thought was so true. We were walking to the Cowboy stadium and one man said "holy s***" and my mom's response was "that is not holy..." So funny and so true! Why do people use this expression?? Here are some of the funny words used with Holy that should be re thought...

Holy s***, or Holy crap- sorry to be crude, but your poop is not holy, unless you are God
Holy cow- there are no cows that are holy, not even a pure white one
Holy moley (however you spell it)- I don't think people want to glorify the moles on their body
Holy Guacamole- Although I am obsessed with this stuff, it is not holy

Are there any others you know of?? Food for thought...

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love it when people say "Holy Cow." It makes me laugh loudly. I figure it's better than a bunch of other stuff. Your mom IS funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I believe cows were given as a sacrifice in the bible. Therefore I can see where "Holy Cow" comes from. :) Exodus 29:36 says "Sacrifice a bull each day as a sin offering to make atonement. Purify the altar by making atonement for it, and anoint it to consecrate it." There are other verses as well, that is just one for your enjoyment. I cannot find anywhere in the bible where people sacrifice an Avacado, though...or their own fecal matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zach... best. comment. ever. Brock and I laughed for awhile about this! Thanks for correcting me!

    ReplyDelete